Thursday, June 20, 2013


I've come to realize that moving to another country is a process more than anything. Not just the physical shipping of myself and my belongings, that was the easy part. But everything I am, everything I've come to know about society and how the world works. At least in my own micro -cosmos that is.
It is a bewildering experience and a challenging process. It is not about discarding my old understanding but assimilating and acquiring parts of this new world into everything. In reality I'm weighing everything I thought I knew about my micro-cosmos against this new, exciting and exotic culture. And with that I've noticed that I also have to question the value of my previous knowledge to begin with and then question the value of the new knowledge opening up in front of me.
So at the moment I'm only sure that I'm not sure of most things..


The notion of friends and enemies, right and wrong,  my past, present and future all tangled up in a mess of uncertainty. Which is worse, good things happening despite bad intentions or bad things happening despite good intentions?

I sometimes feel like I'm surrounded with happy, smiling wax figures. I feel as is their sincerity is insincere and all a part of the weave that is their cultural heritage and the knowledge they have of how the world works. I feel like a sad
Don Quixote in the land of real and imaginary windmills.




Though excited and living my dream I do feel hopelessly lost at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment