Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hoping I've fixed my computer!

Hiya all! I've been gone for a while, mainly because my laptop is a piece of pooh. But it seems to be working at the moment so I thought it'd be a good time to update you on my existence. :)


Everything is good, life goes on at an enormous speed, so much so that I've discovered a great way to slow down: Crying. All the times I catch myself thinking how beautiful my life is and how all my dreams are coming true. And then the tears come streaming down my face.  It is an interesting mixture of joy, gratitude and guilt and missing my loved ones back at home. It is the notion, that my life cannot be complete somehow if I'm happy here and my family is not with me.. Or something..
It is weird trying to explain it.
But also I guess it's just the notion, that after all my years of sorrow, anger and pain, I'm finally beginning to stand on my own feet and heal. And my family isn't here to see it!





But enough about that, it is and will always be a subject I will comment on and analyze on this blog.

I've been out and about on many a weekend lately. It's been amazing to see and feel the different vibes of the different cities in Devon. And also to have been able to do all the shopping! ;)

I've seen town criers on their way to their annual competition, I've seen funky gorilla statues in Exeter and Torquay, I saw a grand old steam train take off from our station and it was FANTASTIC!

I had, or more so watched Neil and Nathan have a full English breakfast. I ate a salad as I am trying to lose weight and I'm not very big on heavy fried breakfasts.

I have an inflamed shoulder and instead of pumping me full of meds, I'm going to physiotherapy and receiving acupuncture to treat it!




And as the cherry on top of everything being so perfect and exciting, my beloved brothers are coming over in just over a month. I'm so excited and full of plans of what to do and what to show the boys, two of whom have never been here before. (Here meaning the UK, none of them have been to Devon)

Also, I'm coming off my meds, which is at times quite trying. But I'm hoping it'll be worth it and I will be able to lead a peaceful life without them from now on.

Here's some pics, 'cause I know it happened! :P




NEW SHOES

NEW SHOES

NEW SHOES



A man on his way to the Town Crier competition



Full English l


Full English ll

My healthy breakfast


Town criers walking through the high street


Sunrise this morning


The street I live in.. or possibly on.. :p

I'm also super excited about the autumn coming! It'll be such an exciting year getting used to all the seasons and finding my feet. Of course I know my feet will be snuggly tucked into one of the pairs of shoes pictured earlier! :)

Bye, talk to you soon!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment